In Stage One of this project, you choose an object:
- Find a full color photograph of an object.
- Wide value range is a must. Use your value knowledge and squint to make sure you have a full value range.
- The live portion of the photo should measure that measures between 7 and 8 inches at the longest measure.
- Use an image that interests you. Try to find several different views of this object so that you have the best references possible.
- Look for something that might ultimately make a good symbol. You may crop from a larger area.
In Stage two, you draw a continuous tone drawing:
- Draw this image same size.
- Use realistic continuous tones only. Include details of light and shadow and surface textures.
- Use any B/W media and techniques with which you are comfortable (except graphite):
- Pen or marker pen on white paper
- Colored pencil on white paper
- heightened drawing on gray paper with black and white colored pencil or black and white charcoal
- You may trace carefully to get correct proportions. Keep this tracing for other stages.
On Tuesday, Dec. 6 we will work on Stage Two. If you have stage two completely done, you may leave after presentations and announcements. Otherwise, you should stay and work on your drawing.